Friday 16 December 2016

Rouge One: A Star Wars Story (2016) Movie Review

Rouge One: A Star Wars Story (2016) Movie Review


I am not a huge Star Wars fan and never have been, though The Empire Strikes Back is the only film of the franchise that I like. And I personally think that was the last good film in the franchise, but we have had now including this six more films after that, and none of them have impressed me. I wasn't excited for this, it wasn't even in my most anticipated films of the year, but still was vouching to see it. This film has failed to impress me, but still managed to be entertaining.

The story, In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire's ultimate weapon of destruction. This key event in the Star Wars timeline brings together ordinary people who choose to do extraordinary things, and in doing so, become part of something greater than themselves.

The plot is interesting, but the characters of the film, I didn't cared for the characters at all. Like at least for Force Awakens, which I also didn't like, had at least the characters who I knew, this one didn't had them. They were new characters and the development of them took place with like a heroic thing, they wanted these characters to be come hero of the film, but sorry they didn't at least for me.



I gotta give credits to the visual effects, they had a big budget, but to make it look like the old Star Wars film. This film is beautiful and at moments it is jaw-dropping. There is not a single doubt about it's visuals. It is top notch. Also the sound design was pretty good, but not a brilliant score, really.

Performances: Felicity Jones was good in the film, but at moments, she over-acted. But overall a good performance from here. Same goes for Diego Luna. Mads Mikkelsen has a small role to play and he as always does justice to his role. Other's were just like okay, they acted,



Overall, I didn't loved Rouge One, nor I expected it to be that way. It is just like any other Star Wars film, but I would say, the visuals and action sequences were even better then Force Awakens. So, it is by far from being a perfect film, but as far as entertainment is concerned, this film may entertain you. So be sure to check this film out, and If you are a Star Wars fan, you will like it.

Also, check out La La Land now guys, it is released widely know, as last week it got released only in limited cities which had IMAX theatre. So it's up to you which one to watch. For Indian audiences, as there is no good bollywood film out there, but next week there will be coming the epic "Dangal".

RATING: C+

Thanks for reading!

So, did you liked Rouge One: A Star Wars Story?

Don't forget to give a feedback!

More Stuff Coming Soon!

-VASTIK MISHRA 

No comments:

Post a Comment